by lulumum

Friday, May 28, 2010

Fit Review of Dance Studio Pant -Courtesy of Anju


lulumum to a 2 and a half year old baby girl!
Height: 5"3
Weight: hmmm, don't really want to know
Body type: athletic
Lululemon Pant Size: 4-6

I live a kajillion miles away from a lululemon store so before I buy something, I have to read reviews from every angle to be sure of the size I'm getting. Not only is the international shipping pricey, the extra duties and taxes that I pay when my package comes in sometimes costs as much as getting another pair of crops! So, returning items is really not an option because after paying all the extra charges, I'm not willing to fork over more money to exchange or return an item.

I am usually a 6 in all lululemon pants and I can get away with a size 4 for some styles (most of the crop styles or if it's a really baggy fit, like the Devi Pants or the Be Still pants). I wasn't blessed with the long legs both my sisters have and I am not a naturally thin person (I need to work really hard to maintain my size). Although I am not very big, my thighs have always been on the more muscular side and have always been my biggest area of concern.

I was very curious about the Dance Studio Pants because of all the reviews I read about how flattering it was and how comfy. It just took me forever to decide because I wasn't sure whether to size down or stick to a 6. I finally took the plunge and bought the 4.

I am really quite happy with this decision, the pants are as comfortable as everyone says and they are surprisingly slimming... I am not sure if it's the drapes or the fabric - but whatever it is, I love it! I had to have 2" hemmed off because they are quite long (luckily, they were able to reattach the drawstring at the cuff for me so I can still tie them up if I want to wear them as crops), but these pants really fit like a dream, I love that they don't hug my legs and how light the fabric is. I bought these primarily for casual wear, pants that I could just grab without thinking and they really are pants that you can put on and know that you'll be comfy all day and would look nice. I think I will even use them when I play golf!

Worth the money (and all the extra charges for international shippers) Everyone should have a pair!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I think these will be my next pant purchase. I'm loving the swift material. Very flattering cuts on all the swift pants. They must have been made for the curvy girl in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig