by lulumum

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fit Review Part Deux: Run For Your Life Tank

Yesterday I posted a Fit Review of the Run For Your Life Tank in the size 10 and mentioned that although I liked the roominess around the tummy I felt the bra portion and the straps were a bit too big. I ended up dashing to the store last night to try on the size 8 (and also fell in love with the Magnum Turbo Tank while I was there) and decided that the 8 felt the most comfortable in the bust and shoulders despite the fact that I lost some of that roominess around the torso that I liked. While I'd love to be able to disguise my muffin top while I'm working out to eliminate it I think it's more important that the bra portion and the straps fit comfortably and correctly so I'm going to keep this one and hope that with a few months of CrossFit I will whittle down my midsection. With the fit of the size 8 I can easily use this tank for both running and CrossFit which I like. This will be my first tank with built in bra that I've liked as a running tank. 
Size 10
Size 8
Size 8 Profile
This one that I got yesterday has a very visible seam in the straps on the left side that is not so bulgy on the right. I think I want to find one that has more equal straps. I wouldn't normally be nit picky but for a $74 tank I'd like the seams to be a bit more finished. 



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The 8 looks way better on you! And now you'll use it more :) lovin' the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Its a touch snugger around the hips but it just feels way more supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 8 looks great on you! It's a much better fit IMO. The colour looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the 8 is a great fit. It doesn't look snug at all in the mid section. The colour is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Size 8, of course! Not too noticeable in the "snug" department. Also, you will be using it to work out in, hence losing more "mid-section" snugness, as the end result; and that equates a better fit! A win-win situation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew getting the right bra size would make the difference. I think it looks good, you can't tell it's not as loose in the torso as the other one. I seriously loved mine for the race we did last weekend, so much that I very seriously considered getting another, though I definitely don't need it. I'm going to wear mine for my 20 miler this weekend, you want me to report back on how it performs for a longer distance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered the same top! I think though, since lulu is not cheap, that if you don't 100% love it before asking people, then you should return it. You do look great in it, but you don't seem like you love it! I am returning mine because I have been desparate for something in raspberry, but I know that there will be something next week or next month that I loveeee instead of keeping this that I just like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the 8 looks great and I don't even see any muffin top at all.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig