by lulumum

Friday, November 19, 2010

Guest Post: Review by Cheryl - Ivivva

Cheryl's shopping expedition was inspired by this recent post by Luluaddict and this one.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm addicted to running luon. I could fib and say that it's because of it's incredible wicking properties, it's ability to keep you warm, and it's amazing stretch retention but the truth of the matter is I love how soft it is. Since the chilly weather has started I've been wearing, treasuring, and petting a Vinyasa Scarf much like LOTR's Smeagol/Gollum.. You know what I'm referencing right?: "My precious. My preciousssssssssss....."

Anyhow, I was positively giddy to go and check out Ivivva's running luon offerings. Ivivva is the 'little sister' of Lululemon and from the products offered in store I assume that their target market are the dancers, gymnasts, and ice skaters. There were some 'court shorts' which I think are for basketball but other than that there were an abundance of tights, and a lovely offering of skirts. If you check out the Ivivva Facebook pages (the main page as well as the individual stores) you'll get a better look at their products - I'm only here to give a quick look at the running luon a.k.a "my precious.."

First things first, Ivivva is a children's line and their current sizes are children's 4-14. I am certainly not a child, nor am I a Lululemon size 2 or 4 and would not expect to fit into anything at that store except maybe a headband. My daughter is a tall 2.5 year old and we waltzed in looking for a pair of 'base-layer' tights for her to keep warm in. A quick glance thru the store brought us to the running luon rack and maybe it's hereditary but my darling daughter decided that each piece was worth a pet. She didn't whisper "my precious" but I'm certain that's what she was thinking!

I brought home a sz14 in the Running Luon item named "Warm'er LS Layer" and laid it out on top of a sz6 Lululemon Dash LS (Lilac) as well as a sz6 Lululemon Inspire pullover (Lilac). The findings are promising..
As you can see from the pictures, the sz14 Ivivva LS top is comparable to a size 4 or size 6 Lululemon Running Pullover. Even the sleeve length is comparable! My sister is a size 4 or 6 in all Lululemon tops and she hungrily snatched the sz14 Ivivva Warm'er LS Layer out of my hands when I asked her to try it on. She measures as a 34B and is app. 5'3" tall and she found the sz14 comfortable and slightly roomy in the armpit. Later in the day she was able to try on a size 12 and felt that the fit was better for her arm length and more fitted (in a good way) to her shoulders. She intends to use it as a base layer on the mountains this Winter.
When I lay out the sz12 to the sz14 (sorry, no picture at the moment for that.. my sister has run off with the shirt) but the noticeable difference is that the sz12 seems to be 3/4" shorter and narrower all around.
The price for the Warm'er LS Layer cannot be beat; it's only 44 dollars and only GST is applied to the purchase here in BC. Of course, it is lacking a few features when compared to the Run Dash LS priced at $78. There are no circle mesh areas for sweat, no reflectivity, no fun ruffle detail down the spine... but then the Ivivva LS Layer is not marketed as a 'running' top. The "WHY THIS ROCKS" tag states:

 WARM'ER LS LAYER

  • Hit the slopes of the ice in this perfect under layer
  • running luon fabric is soft and wicks away sweat to keep you dry
  • Thumbholes keep sleeves down and cuffins keep hands warm
  • Preshrunk, so that there are no surprises after washing
  • Pair with the Warm'er Tight for ultimate comfort

If your looking for a simple base layer other then the current wool offerings by Lululemon you would be lucky to check out Ivivva's Warmer LS Layer..however, you need to be a Lululemon size 4 or size 6. 

How did my daughter like the running luon tights? Well, we picked out a completly different outfit for her instead and will save the running luon tights for next weeks visit. She's already looking forward to it as I am.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig