by lulumum

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Fit Review/Mail Day: Refresh Maxi Dress on A Mom Bod

My Refresh Maxi Dress just arrived and I was so resigned to the fact that it would probably be too clingy showing lumps and bumps and I'd have to return it. My preference would have been to order a size up (12 in my case which did not exist) and I still probably would go with my size up for a looser flowy fit vs. body skimming. I am impressed though! It is not sheer (I'm wearing my black Sculpt Shorts underneath) and you can't see the outline of them. It is fitted so it does outline the body pretty closely but it doesn't overly show lumpyness as far as showing belly button pooch or cellulite. You can see in the profile photo that it does show I have mom pooch...but who cares? I don't care. It's patio wine season. I am wearing Sculpt Shorts though so that is sort of shapewear. I'm definitely keeping this one and regret not having ordered the grey one as well. I'm 5'4 and wearing Madrid Birkenstocks here and the hem just grazes the floor. I'd consider hemming it at lululemon for free but I want to try it on with wedge heels and see if I'm happy with the length of it. 

It is currently sold out online but there is a new app being tested out by a blog reader (check it out here) that will alert you when the product you want is back online. All you need is a URL to enter in and guess what! Because of my image links you can easily have an inventory of product URL's. Even when items sell out and are no longer searchable on the website, you can go to my upload posts to find that item and click the image to find the URL of that item. I don't know a ton about the app as I was just introduced to it yesterday but give it a try and see if it works for you. Here is the developers contact should you have feedback or questions: Matt - luluinventory@gmail.com





http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/skirts-and-dresses-dresses/Refresh-Maxi-Dress?cc=0023&skuId=3602195&catId=skirts-and-dresses-dresses&PID=7680158&CID=cj

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. The notification thing isn't working for me, however I HAVE to have that dress! Size 2 or 4, in the tiny stripe one and or the one you have. Is there anything you can do to help this desperado?! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. post your contact info in case someone wants to pass theirs on to you :) good luck!

      Delete
  2. I love this on you! I didn't order it for the same reasons you mentioned and seriously regret it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks amazing on you! :)) I like the length on the longer side... I would leave it as is even with the Birkenstocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look very pretty on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU to the developer of the app!!! That is a FANTASTIC idea!

    I so want that dress. Is it too much to hope the USA will get the wide stripe pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very flattering on you! Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great on you! Very figure flattering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress looks amazing on you - shows off the right curves! I don't think you notice the tummy other than if you mention it. I steered away from it because I thought it would be too clingy and show off my mummy tummy - but looks like it would have been ok. I spent so much and with the new Ace dress, skirt and tank - and JM CRB coming, I will be spending lots next upload! Hmmnn still have some items with tags on that I will have to decide if I absolutely love it. I have the neon mint, the yellow, lullaby, regal plum CRBs with tags.....and the regal plum hot to street crops, 2 hit your stride skirts (I think I like the Ace one better) and the heat wave crops and a fresco blue tank...and the LS and SS swiftly in lullaby.....and the JM crops.....what to keep and what to trade in for the new stuff coming out. I am still waiting for a tank in grapefruit and iris purple......this is going to be an expensive summer! yikes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya girl! If you got it, flaunt it! If you like it, you should wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks FANTASTIC on you, like it was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, that dress looks amazing on you! Very figure flattering. Thanks for the review, I missed out this time, but may try it next time if they make a comeback,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have stores received the dress yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig