by lulumum

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Crossfit WOD

It has been exceptionally hot here in Vancouver (lookout Seawheeze travellers!) so I ended up taking Sunday off which was the day that we had breaking temperatures, since the WOD was a mostly running WOD and it was right in the afternoon - Instead I took the kids swimming which I still consider cardio exercise. Ha! Mostly because I have mini heart attacks whenever they decide to split off into different directions. 

I went in on Monday at 6am as per usual but it was so hot we ended up doing the workout outside. The first part of the workout was 5x5 deadlifts and I got up to 175#. My 1 rep max for deadlifts is somewhere around 205-215 depending on the conditions of the day, how I'm feeling and what my weight is on that day. I would love to one day get to the big numbers like 285-300 for deadlifts but I need to do them more often. The workout was a partner workout, 5 rounds each of 400 meter run, and 400 meter row. I can't remember our time for that WOD but I was pleased that I rowed a consistent 2 minute 400 meters each round without feeling like I was dying. I'm back in tomorrow for the 6am, then on Friday, and on Saturday I think we are going to check out the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale  so I will probably miss that day too. (FYI. I have discount links on the upper side bar and will have a banner ad up starting on the 18th for a 15-20% discount)

This is not what I wore for my WOD on Monday, but I changed into this when I got home. My outfit was the exact same thing I wore on Friday (In The Flow Crops/105F Singlet) but I have since decided its time to get comfortable with shorts and put away the crops for a while. Too bad these are my only shorts I can crossfit in so you will see these a lot with various different tops. Perhaps I will pick up the Turbo II Shorts in Sweetspot Black/Angel Wing when we are in the States. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig