by lulumum

Sunday, May 8, 2011

High-Brow vs Low-Brow: Tuffs Athletica Jacket & Lululemon Define Jacket

Thanks to reader Eric for sending in this snapshot of the Tuffs Athletic Jacket he saw today at Costco. This jacket  is a great imitation to Lululemon's Tango Red Define Jacket. At $20, it has the same chafe resistant flat seams, logo placement and ykk zipper and feels a lot like luon at 86% Nylon and 14% Spandex. I passed on the lulu Define Jacket even though I really liked it in Tango Red because I'm not really a Define Jacket gal but at $20 I think I'm going to give the Tuffs one a try. 
I'm a bit fascinated by the production process of Lululemon clothes and wish we could learn more about it so when I saw this image of the inner workings of how the Tuffs garments are made at the Burnaby, BC facility (made in Canada pants? hmmmm...now I'm really intrigued to try it out) I decided I needed to share this. This is a state of the art fabric cutter with 79 layers of yoga fabric in it. How cool is this?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig