by lulumum

Monday, May 16, 2011

Fit Review ~ Loop De Lulu Dress

I have to start with telling you that even though this dress did not work for me, I do really love the style of it. Many people have mentioned it's too 'little girl sweet' or 'sound of music' and I agree it is those things but that's what I really like about the style. I love the straps, the ruching at the side of the bust, the pockets etc. I'm a sucker for skirts and dresses with pockets. My problem with the dress was that I tried it on in a 10 (I'm between an 8 and 10) and the10 was quite compressive in the bust and I'm only a 36C/B. This is a good thing in order to be able to wear this dress without the straps....but it gave me armpit fat. Sizing up would have made the dress to voluminous in the lower portion. The dress was quite heavy despite it being thin Vitasea cotton (just like the Modern Racers) but it's two layers of fabric with a lot of drape in the skirt and it's compressive in the bust so I just felt a little too warm in it. The pockets were another issue, I love them but they show thru in the dress. If there are any creases in the pocket material or if it shifts you will see it. The pink is a bit sheer so if you have anything you'd rather disguise I'd recommend going with the Black/White or Black Seabed/Coal. I was much happier in this dress in the Black/Seabed but I thought, If I'm going to get a dress for $88 I want it to be perfect and a little dressier. In fact, I'd almost rather get a skirt somewhere else that I saw on sale (it was girly and had pockets!) If I want a beach coverup or more casual dress Swimco had this same multi way style (single layer) for $45. I passed on this dress today and recommend you try this one before purchasing, if you are limited to online shopping I would er on the side of sizing up to accommodate larger busts.







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig