by lulumum

Friday, December 31, 2010

Fit Report ~ Outward Bound Pants, Resolution Pants, Alpine Tights, Dash Crops on Markdown

I'm so disappointed in my store trip today. I finally decided that I do indeed need winter weight running pants and was committed to parting with my gift cards for a practical *need* purchase. I tried on the Resolution Pants in Raw Blue and loved them, fit and all except for one thing. The seam detail at the top of the butt. the inner layer fabric also has this same seam detail but it's unattached so when the top fabric moves you can see a line underneath. It looked like my undies were bunched up and sitting low but it was in fact the inner fabric seam. I was so mad because other then that the size 8 fit the best and looked really cute on. On the other hand I decided I want Lululemon to pretty please make Dance Studio Pants in Raw Blue. 
**Update. I decided to give these ones a second shot. I really really love the Raw Blue and the Waist on them and I also decided I like the idea of wearing a layer over top of tights I already have and having warmish pants that are not tech fleece warm. I hope the ones I tried on today were the only ones that had the seam issue. Or I'll have to decide if that is something I can live with.

Resolution Pant Raw Blue

The Alpine Tights were another disappointment for me mostly because I really liked them as well and heard great reviews from friends but the fit was not working for me in the 8 or 10. The size 8 would not go over my hips no matter how hard I tugged on them. Ok, I can live with getting these in a size 10. But then size 10 were hard to pull up over my hips too. They did come on with a bit of a tug but then they were really loose and baggy in the crotch area. They sagged down low between my legs and looked awful. I liked the snug fit on the lower leg and the cozy pajama feel of these as well as the high rise. But these are not meant for my curvy hips. Poo poo on this one Lululemon. 

I almost came home with these Outward Bound Pants. They fit great, I loved that they weren't tights and had a pant look and reflective detailing on the bottom.  I was a bit on the fence with these as they are almost too warm and unfortunately they were on sale (yes I actually said that). I ended up not getting them because for the whole $8 off I would have saved with these on sale I was kissing away my ability to exchange them if I changed my mind. I really hate markdowns that small because for the $3-$9 dollar savings I would much rather pay full price and be able to return or exchange them if I'm less then 100% sure on them. Poo - poo on markdowns not worth the trade off and poor return policies. 

I got these Dash Crops on markdown the other day and I am very, very pleased with these. This is a markdown that enticed me enough to try something I wouldn't have purchased otherwise, especially since there out of season. Regular price was $86 and I got them for $59 - almost $30 off!! Now that's more like it.  I ran in these yesterday morning and I loved the fit. The rise was perfect and the compression was firmer then my Inspire Crops which meant that the Coal Luxtreme didn't show imperfections the way coal bottoms usually would on me. No sliding at all while running and the higher rise meant zero muffin top. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig