by lulumum

Friday, July 16, 2010

Flashback Pullover, TTS or Size Down?

I bought a true to size (10) Flashback pullover but because I hear so many mention on Facebook that they have sized down in it  I went and tried on an 8 in this today just to make sure. My verdict is that if you have bigger hips you should stay TTS because what changes is really the band around your hips and not at all the looseness in the sweater. If you have narrow hips than you should size down one because you really want this to be snug fitting around your hips but baggy everywhere else. I think even as I size down to an 8 in pants I'll still want this in a 10 because my hips are always wider no matter my weight. Something I love about this sweater now is that initially I was concerned about it not being a zip up and the logistics of nursing and having to pull the sweater off every time. Because the neck is so wide I don't have to take the sweater off at all so this is good. And I think when I wear this I'll be wearing a Flow Y under it and not a tank or t-shirt because I just get too hot otherwise.






















I found long sleeve Pima's at Metrotown today in Black and White and they are super thin and soft just like the short sleeves so probably good for layering. I rarely wear long sleeves though because I hate them bunching up under whatever is over top of it.























Got the Wunder Unders Black/Wish Blue in size 10 and am hanging on to them because I'm on the fence about it. I'll be returning the 8's I think. I just don't know about these. Maybe I like them on other people but not me.

Mindful Shorts try on report: Size up! the issue with these is that there low rise but have a large waist band. For my the size 10 dipped to much in the front right at my bikini line (bellow the band part). The short's part were actually a good enough length on me and I liked the wide leg but the bikini area just didn't work for me...probably could have been corrected with the 12's.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I got my normal size in the Flashback as I have boobs, booty, and am tall. I didn't think that I would like it either, but it is surprisingly flattering on. Want it in lolo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulumum, i have also purchased a WUC in Black/Wish Blue. I like the fit very much, fat thigh even look slim if wear on the wish blue side and apparently it go well with a hoodie. If you have purchase the Pull Over, i think it should look very nice with the WUC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went down a size in the flashback pullover. There is just sooooooo much fabric that any extra wasn't needed. I do agree that the band around the hips is snug (but not tight).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jadepearl, I think the Black is a bit more slimming on me than the Wish side but the wish side is actually not too bad. I'm just not used to wearing something so eye catching on the bottom.

    "A", there is a lot of fabric in the pullover, I guess it just depends on what works best for your shape. If your between two sizes I don't think you can go wrong going either way.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig